This is personally my favorite hot spring in Azumino! It offers fine views of Matsumoto and Azumino Cities from its location on top of a high hill in the forest, and its outdoor stone bath is the perfect way to relax Japanese-style. It is a popular place, so it can be quite crowded at times. If possible, try to avoid weekends and especially national holidays.
The hotel boasts a huge lobby with floor to ceiling windows, as well as a spacious deck so you can enjoy the incredible view. There is also a restaurant in the lobby, as well as a small shop where you can buy souvenirs, cold drinks and ice cream after your bath. Once a month, the hotel offers live music in the lobby. (Call ahead to find out specific date and times)
At the base of the hill is a huge park with a playground, tennis courts and mallet golf course. It is a great place for kids and the young at heart.
- By car: 15 min from JR Hitoichiba Station and 25 min from the Matsumoto Interchange. The drive here takes a while, but it is worth it.
- 6524-1 Misato Ogura
- Apr. to Nov.: 10 a.m.−10 p.m. (last entry 9:00 p.m.)
Dec. to Mar.: 10 a.m.−9:30 p.m. (last entry 8:30 p.m.)
- 3rd Wednesday (except for Mar, Aug, Sep, Nov, and Dec)
- Alkaline spring water, which is heated for use in the hot spring. It is said to be good for just about everything, from digestive diseases and poor circulation to hemorrhoids.
- The main pool is large and spacious and has a Jacuzzi and sauna. The best place to relax and enjoy the fine view is while soaking in the outside hot spring, listening to nothing but the steady stream of water filling the bath.
- Key lockers
- Outside of the changing rooms