At Jitensha Hiroba (lit. “biycycle plaza”), Azumino’s famous cherry blossoms can be seen from mid to late April (peak viewing times vary from year to year).
Cherry blossoms, Jikkasegi, an irrigation canal created 200 years ago, shibazakura (a type of phlox), and Mt. Jonen can all be seen at the same time from this excellent location.
It can be a bit difficult to reach since there are no parking lots located nearby.
However, Azumino Share Cycling makes getting to this wonderful location a breeze!
Click here for details on using a share cycle
1. Rent a share cycle at Toyoshina Southern General Park. Take the Yamabiko Cycling Road.🌸
2. Take a relaxing stroll under the cherry blossoms along the Jikkasegi.
You will soon be able to enjoy cherry blossoms once they are in full bloom.
3. A breathtaking view of the Northern Japan Alps awaits visitors who make their way under the cherry blossoms!
It’s just before the rice fields become mirrors of water. Instead, you can see the reflection of you on the surface of the waters of the Jikkasegi.
4. Jitensha Hiroba is about a 2.5 km bike ride from the starting point.
This will make for an excellent photo spot when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.
The shibazakura here is also gorgeous!
Taking in the cherry blossoms on a bicycle is a great way to enjoy the season.
The next course I’ll tell you about starts at roadside station Alps Azumino Horigane no Sato and ends at Jitensha Hiroba.
1. Rape blossoms in bloom could be found all around roadside station Alps Azumino Horigane no Sato.
Make sure to take some photos like this before hopping on your bicycle.
2. Rent a share cycle at roadside station Alps Azumino Horigane no Sato and take the Yamabiko Cycling Road.
On the way, you can see the excavation monument of the Jikkasegi and cycle while watching the countryside.
3. Jitensha Hiroba is about a 3 km bike ride from the starting point.
The cherry blossoms were mostly in full bloom, making for a wonderful day of photography.
Be sure to enjoy cycling and cherry blossoms on the Azumino Yamabiko Cycling Road next spring.
Accessing Jitensha Hiroba
– 15-minute walk southwest from Minami-Toyoshina Station on the JR Oito Line
– Approximately 2.5 km from Toyoshina Southern General Park
– Approximately 3 km from roadside station Alps Azumino Horigane no Sato
– About 15 minutes by car from Azumino IC (be aware that there are no parking lots located nearby)